The project "Urban electrification – impact of electrification of urban infrastructure on costs and carbon footprint" explores potential trajectories in the development of the energy infrastructure of cities. In essence, several scenarios will be developed and assessed for a virtual city that shows increasing use of electricity. For these scenarios, the financial impacts will be analysed and compared, from a system view and from end users perspective. Also a carbon footprint will be calculated.
The project outcomes will strongly depend on the scenarios selected. Therefore, European Copper Institute and Ecofys organise a stakeholder workshop to provide input and review these scenarios to be studied. Draft scenarios will be circulated to meeting participants 2 weeks prior to the workshop.
* Introduction – discussion of the objectives of the study, the context in which it takes place, and the envisaged dissemination of the results
* Methodology and scope – create a common understanding of the impact of the choices made during the workshop: Ecofys will explain the methodology, the workings of the model and the scope of the project
* Choosing scenarios – The main purpose of the workshop is to define scenarios. The following points will be discussed against the background of the proposed scenario setup, which will be sent to all participants prior to the meeting
** Choosing scenario parameters – Here we will discuss and decide which parameters will change per scenario, and which are kept the same in all scenarios
** Preliminary set-up of scenarios – What are the main characteristics of the scenarios, i.e. what is the storyline?
** Scenario inputs – which data will be used, which assumptions will be made?
* Internal consistency check – jointly check the outcome of different scenarios definition against objective of the study - will the assessment of the scenarios answer the questions?
* Conclusions – summary of the scenarios
* Next steps – agreement on next steps